Alberta Made Geothermal Powered Cottages
Geothermal installs in CottageClub uses Alberta oil and
equipment and crews. Doing our part to help support Albertans and create
a more resilient economy.
A geothermal system (also known as geo-exchange, or ground
heating & cooling) uses renewable energy from the earth to provide
cottages with year round heating and cooling.
Geothermal systems are extremely energy-efficient, environmentally
and safe and a cost effective way to heat and cool your cottage.
Geothermal can replace Natural Gas as your cottage primary
plus you get cheap air conditioning as a bonus!
Rather than burning gas, propane or oil, geothermal systems
use the earth as a heat
exchanger to provide year-round heating and cooling of virtually
any type of building
in any type of climate.
More Information About Geothermal In Your Cottage
- In the winter, the system extracts energy from the ground
to provide heating.
- In the summer, the system reverses and deposits heat
from the house back into the
ground to provide cooling.
- The energy extracted from the ground is renewable, it
comes from the sun. Almost
50% of the sun’s daily energy that hits our planet is
absorbed by the ground.
- Geothermal technology captures this energy to create
a heating system using 80%
less energy than conventional heating systems.
- When the system is operating, it also produces free domestic hot water pre-heated.
- The typical efficiency of this process is around 450%-500%.
Electric heat by comparison
is only 100% efficient, this is where the 80% electricity