New Green Building Options
Welcome to our blog series on New Green Building Options at CottageClub. Abundant sunshine and solar energy go hand in hand in Alberta, so utilizing Solar PV Systems to power recreational homes at Ghost Lake is a great fit. Solar PV Systems are designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics. Generating electricity by using solar cells (to convert energy from the sun) is extremely efficient and cost-effective. It also helps to reduce your carbon footprint, and is a locally available renewable resource. Solar power is just one of the new and exciting new options now available at CottageClub.
We hope you enjoy the read and remember to contact us if you have any questions.
Until next time,
The CottageClub Team
PV Solar System Technology - How It Works!
1. Solar panels (photovoltaic) cells are installed on your cottage or garage roof converting sunlight into DC power.
2. Inverter(s) convert DC to useable AC power inside the cottage.
3. The electrical distribution system receives this power from the inverter(s).
4. A bidirectional meter tracks energy imported and exported to the grid. Export credits show up on your electricity bill.
5. Your cottage remains connected to the utility grid and supplies you energy at times of need (at night).
Advantages to using the PV Solar System on your cottage include:
• Electricity produced by solar cells is clean and silent
• They are reliable and have low maintenance
• They reduce electricity bills*
• Solar energy is locally available and renewable
• PV Solar Systems do not use fuel other than sunshine and therefore:
• Do not release any harmful air or water pollution into the environment
• Do not deplete natural resources
• Do not endanger animal or human health
*Savings depend on the size of the solar system and your electricity/heat usage.
Learn More About These & Other Green Initiatives By Visiting Our Welcome Centre At CottageClub Ghost Lake Or Contact Us.
If you're looking for a lakeside cottage in an amenity rich recreational community, come by and see us at CottageClub Ghost Lake. CottageClub offers year round recreational lots and cottages for almost every lifestyle and budget including lake front, mountain view, and private retreat lots... and exceptional amenities for you to enjoy.
Just Released - Phase 4 Fully Serviced Lots From $109,900*, Plus GST!
*Subject To Change
For more information contact Don Stengler at (403) 214-0292 or email email@example.com
You can also book a Private Tour.
Experience Alberta’s Most Amenity Rich Year Recreational Community... Only 35 Mins West Of Calgary!
Extended spring & summer hours now in effect!
Open All Week
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book A Private Tour Anytime